Posted on July 24th, 2013 *Post last modified on September 9th, 2013
Choosing a fitness class for you: If in doubt, please ask staff for help – and check with your doctor before starting a new fitness activity. No matter which classes you decide to take, it is important that you do any exercise at your own pace.
- Level 1 – All exercises are done seated or supported by a chair. Class is very gentle and slow.
- Level 2 – Most of the exercises are done standing but chairs are available to sit in if needed. Some exercise is done on the floor on exercise mats. Appropriate for beginners with minimal or no physical limitations.
- Level 3 – Longer duration and higher intensity cardiovascular segment with more advanced strength work. Some exercise experience is recommended.
Community Recreation Center is proud to host the SilverSneakers Fitness Program! SilverSneakers members can attend daytime drop-in fitness and line-dance classes. All SilverSneakers classes welcome non-SilverSneakers participants too! All SilverSneakers participants must complete a participant packet before beginning classes. Stop at the front desk for requirements and to enroll. Please remember to swipe your card every time you participate in any activity. This includes drop-in lobby activities.
Drop in to most Community Center line dance or fitness classes for $3.50 (non-res. $4.50).
10 Visits: Res. $29 (non-res. $35)
25 Visits: Res. $63 (non-res. $76)
Exercard Eligible Classes
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program (AFEP) – This class is done entirely in chairs with emphasis on increasing pain-free range of motion and overall strength and flexibility. Format designed and recommended by the National Arthritis Foundation. Level 1
- SilverSneakers® Circuit – This class is a predominantly standing workout designed to increase cardiovascular and muscular fitness. Upper body strength work using hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball is alternated with non-impact aerobic movements. A chair is offered for support, stretching, and relaxation exercises. Level 2
- SilverSneakers® Fit – is designed for the active adult who desires a safe and effective low-impact cardiovascular workout. Hand-held weights or elastic tubing with handles are used for progressive resistance training and chair offer stability and/or support for upper body strength exercises and abdominal conditioning from the floor. Level 3
- Combo Light – 20-30 minutes of easy-does-it low impact aerobic dance. Gentle and basic full body toning and strengthening follows, ending with a long stretch. Level 2
- Men’s Fitness – A friendly and interactive class just for the guys. Easy to follow aerobic movement is followed by strength work using weights and exercise tubing. Class gears down with gentle stretching and relaxation. Level 1
- SilverSneakers® Classic – A full body workout using a chair for seated and standing support. Muscular strength and range of movement conditioning is done at a very beginning level. A variety of strength and balance exercises are done using body weight, hand held weights, balls and elastic tubing with handles. Level 1
- Seniorcise – 30-35+ minutes of easy-to-follow, high energy low impact aerobic dance created to improve cardiovascular fitness combines with strength, balance, toning and flexibility exercises for total body fitness. Level 3
- SilverSneakers® Yoga – This class challenges you with a variety of simple and safe yoga exercises you do at your own pace. Using a chair for support, increase flexibility, build endurance and learn how to relax and think more clearly. Level 1
- Therapeutic T’ai Chi for the Older Adult – This class is geared for the older adult or those who are new to T’ai Chi. Learn the basic moves, gain strength and improve balance. T’ai Chi can help to reduce the risk of falls. Level 1
- Wake Up & Workout – A more intense workout with 30-35 minutes of continuous low-impact aerobics followed by conditioning work with hand-held weights and exercise bands. Class ends with a final full-body stretch. Level 3
- Zumba Gold – Uses the same Latin music with exhilarating, easy-to-follow moves; and invigorating, party-like atmosphere as Zumba Fitness. This class is modified for the beginner and those starting exercise. This class is performed from a chair. Level 1
|8:30-9:25 am||Wake Up and Workout||Seniorcise||Wake Up and Workout||Seniorcise||Wake Up and Workout|
|8:30-9:30 am||Beginning and Intermediate Line Dance||Beginning and Intermediate Line Dance|
|9:30-10:30 am||Therapeutic Tai Chi||Advanced Line Dance||Advanced Line Dance-Room G|
|9:30-10:30 am||Therapeutic Tai Chi|
|9:40-10:35 am||SilverSneakers®Circuit||Combo Light||SilverSneakers®Circuit||SilverSneakers®Cardio|
|10-10:55 am||SilverSneakers® Yoga Stretch|
|10:40-11:35 am||Men’s Fitness||AFEP®Arthritis Exercise||Men’s Fitness||AFEP®Arthritis Exercise||SilverSneakers®
|11:45 am-12:40 pm||SilverSneakers®Yoga|
|11:45 am-12:40 pm||SilverSneakers®
|11:45-12:30 pm||Zumba® Gold Chair|