Posted on September 20th, 2010 *Post last modified on December 5th, 2013
The Apex Center Ice Arena
13150 W. 72nd Ave.
- Learn to Skate Lessons
- Public Skating Sessions (schedule)
- Freestyle, Dance and Moves in the Field (schedule)
For information, public skating hours, pro shop and ice rentals call 303-403-2598.
Public session times may be canceled if there is insufficient interest. Please call 303-403-2598 to confirm. Hours may be adjusted due to special events or holidays. Current schedules can be found in the News.
Times subject to change due to special events.
Please call 303-403-2598 for recorded information on additions/deletions.
**Private, Group, and Birthday Party Lessons are available on all of Apex’s Public Sessions. For more information please contact the Figure Skating Director, Dia McGaughey, 303-463-4287 or email@example.com
Public Skating Fees
Skate rental: Res. $2.50 (non-res. $2.75)
Group Rate***: $5.75
***20 or more (includes skate rental). Reservation required.
2 & under **: Free
3-5: Res. $2 (non-res. $2.50)
6-61: Res. $5.25 (non-res. $5.75)
62+: Res. $2.75 (non-res. $3.25)
3-5: Res. $195 (non-res. $220)
6-61: Res. $195 (non-res. $220)
62+: Res. $195 (non-res. $220)
Figure Skating Program and Private Lessons
The Apex offers an extensive schedule of freestyle, moves in the field, dance, and off-ice yoga and conditioning. Along with the opportunity to achieve excellence, these sessions also require a greater commitment of time, training and finances.
Skaters involved in our figure skating program are encouraged to arrange for private lessons taught by our professional staff. Schedules and applications for these programs are available at the arena ice desk.
For additional information please call our Figure Skating Director, Dia McGaughey, at 303-463-4287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn to Skate
“Skate With US” Group Lessons for children and adults
Why Ice Skating?
- Ice skating is a life sport.
- Ice skating is an aerobic activity that will help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Enhances muscle strength and endurance.
- Improves posture, balance, flexibility and coordination.
- The athletic child is less likely to get involved with drugs and they perform better in school.
- They learn and understand the sport all while they are having FUN!!
- Best of all, ice skating is a fun sport that children can do with anyone. Parents, grandparents, friends and siblings can all participate.
Learn to Ice Skate at the Apex Center!
Get a 6-week Learn To Skate ice skating class at the Apex Center Ice Arena. Classes are offered weekly. These classes are the Official Program of the US Figure Skating Association and they are endorsed by USA Hockey. The coaching staff at the Apex are all members of the US Figure Skating and the Professional Skaters Association (PSA). They pride themselves on producing results and having the skaters enjoy the sport of Skating. They start with the basics and progress at the skaters’ pace to the more advanced areas of Skating.
The Basic Skills Program is designed by U.S. Figure Skating to be the best beginning ice skating program that serves the needs of both the recreational and competitive skater. The curriculum is designed to keep skaters enthusiastic about learning from the time they begin lessons until the time they reach their goals. Whether their goal is to achieve Olympic fame or simply enjoy the recreational benefits of skating, the Basic Skills Program is the place to start!
Thank you for choosing Apex’s U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Apex’s Director of Skating Dia T. McGaughey at email@example.com or 303-463-4287.
Classes meet once a week on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday for 6 weeks.
Fee: $66 resident ($72 non-resident)
Must show a valid resident ID card to receive resident discount. Price includes a half hour lesson, punch card to use at any public session for practice, and skate rental if needed. Helmets and mittens or gloves recommended.
Tuesday class times:
- 1:15-1:45 pm: Snowplow, Basic 1 & Basic 2, Basic 3 through Basic 8
Wednesday class times:
- 5:10-5:40 pm: Snowplow, Basic 1 & Basic 2, Basic 3, Freestyle 1-3, and Beginner Adults
- 5:45-6:15 pm: Parent/Tot, Snowplow, Basic 4 through Basic 8, Freestyle 4-6, and Advanced Adults
Saturday class times:
- 8:45-9:15 am: Snowplow through Basic 2
- 9:20-9:50 am: Basic 3 through Freestyle 3
No class: July 3, July 6.
- Parent/Tot – for skaters 3 years old with little or no skating experience. Parents and Children learn the basic balance and skating skills in an age-appropriate setting.
- Snowplow Sam 1 – For skaters 4 & 5 years old with little or no skating experience. Learn basic balance and skating skills in an age-appropriate setting.
- Snowplow Sam 2-3 – for skaters ages 4-5 with some experience or who have passed Snowplow Sam 1.
- Basic 1-8 – For ages 6 and up or those who have passed Snowplow 3. This class provides basic skating skills, both forward and backward. Skaters begin in Basic 1 and continue to work on their skills until they pass through Basic 8.
- Freestyle 1-6 – For ages 6 and up and have completed Basic 8. These classes provide more advanced skating skills. Skaters begin in Freestyle 1 and continue to work on their skills until they pass through Freestyle 6.
- Adult Beginner-Adult Advanced - For skaters 16 and older. A special class designed for the mature skater starting with the basic skills through more advanced skating skills.
See the Coaches Credentials
Columbine Figure Skating Club
Founded in 1989, the Columbine Figure Skating Club is a USFSA (United States Figure Skating Association) sanctioned club that is based at Apex Ice Arena. Club functions include: test sessions, competitions, exhibitions, ice shows, and assisting members in their skating progress.
For additional information see the club website at www.columbinefsc.org