Part-Time Youth Sports Coaches – Simms Street Center
Title of Position: Part-time Youth Sports Coach
Division: Simms Street Center, 11706 W 82nd Ave, Arvada, CO
Reports To: Youth Sports Coordinator
Salary Range: $10.20 – $18/hour DOQ
Schedule: Flexible availability. Morning and evening classes Monday-Friday, and weekend mornings.
Close Date: Open until filled
Active role in administering instruction and practical coaching in a class setting, on a part-time basis, to ages 2-16 years old. Classes may include, but are not limited to the following sports; basketball, football, tee-ball, soccer, floor hockey, track and field events.
1. Serve as a youth coach and control all aspects of instruction and participant management
2. Attend weekly staff meetings to plan and organize practice activities and assignments.
3. Strong positional and team instruction with an emphasis on positive coaching style
4. Participates in post session evaluations
5. A flexible but consistent working schedule will be implemented to ensure consistency
6. Communicate with participants and parents with any information regarding classes, events, programs and announcements.
7. Help plan, organize and execute practice plans and class layouts.
8. Run organized practices according to plans and expectations.
9. Performs moderate maintenance duties as needed or assigned
10. Transports and cares for all equipment needed
1. Must pass a State and National background check
2. Must be CPR/FIRST AID/AED Certified
3. Previous coaching experience is not required but preferred
4. Able to work a flexible schedule such as early mornings, evenings and weekends
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate, write, organize, plan, and use a computer
6. Must be at least 16 years of age
7. Ability to maintain effective working relationship with coaches, staff and the public
8. Ability to handle emergency situations using good judgment
9. Must have a strong ability to understand and work with kids ages 2-16.
Apply on line at apexprd.org./jobs