Part-Time Landscape/Grounds Worker
Title of Position: Seasonal Landscape/Grounds
Classification: Part Time
Division: District Services
Reports To: Landscape Tech Manager/Landscape Tech
General ground maintenance/landscape detail. Duties include but not limited to: Mowing turf, weeding beds, trimming/pruning, raking leaves, irrigation repairs, spraying pesticides/fertilizer, general clean-up, snow removal/spreading ice melt, and any other duties as assigned by landscape tech.
- This position may also perform ground maintenance tasks (mow, trim, prune, plant, and maintain landscape materials)
- The District Maintenance Worker will respond to and resolve work requests, complaints or other conditions as they arise.
- As a member of the district services division this position will have direct contact with other district staff and guest to resolve maintenance needs. It will be expected that all interaction represent the district services division and the district in a positive manner.
- This position will be required to assist with snow removal.
Material and Equipment Used Directly
- John Deere Gator.
- Golf cart.
- Riding/walk behind mower.
- Backpack blower
- Hand tools (i.e. shovels, rakes, hoes etc.).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of small hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use standard shift vehicles and tractors.
- Basic knowledge of walk behind and riding lawn mowers, trimmers and other lawn equipment.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make good decisions in a stressful situation.
- Ability to adjust to frequent changes in job priorities and situations demanding immediate attention.
- Must be 18.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess current and valid Colorado driver’s license.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Must be able to kneel down/bend over.
- Job is outside 85% of the time in heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to report any problems on properties.
- Must be able to work well without constant supervision.
- Good public relations