Part-Time Youth Track and Field Coach
REPORTS TO: Youth Sports/Adult Volleyball Coordinator, Apex Simms St. Center, 11706 W. 82nd Ave., Arvada, Colorado
PAY RATE: $11.10 – $23.00/hour DOQ
SCHEDULE: Availability required is Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 am-10:30 am, 5 pm-8 pm. to coach, and be flexible to coach Saturday meets (schedule determined in advance).
Active role in administering track and field instruction and practical coaching in practice and/or meet setting on a part-time basis.
- Serve as a youth coach and control all aspects of instruction and participant management.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to plan and organize practice activities and assignments.
- Strong positional and team instruction with an emphasis on positive coaching style.
- Participates in post practice evaluations.
- A flexible but consistent working schedule will be implemented to ensure consistency.
- Communicate with participants and parents with any information regarding practices, meets, programs and announcements.
- Help plan, organize and execute practice plans and meet layouts.
- Run organized practices according to plans and expectations.
- Performs moderate maintenance duties as needed or assigned.
- Transports and cares for all equipment needed.
- Must pass a State and National background check.
- Must be CPR/FIRST AID/AED Certified.
- Previous coaching experience is not required but preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule such as early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, write, organize, plan, and use a computer.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with coaches, staff and the public.
- Ability to handle emergency situations using good judgment.
- Must have a strong ability to understand and work with kids ages 3-16.