Part-Time Guest Services Facility Assistant – Secrest and/or Fitzmorris Centers
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Pay Rate: Starting at $11.42
Minimum Age: 16 years
Hours: Varied, days/nights/weekends
Application Deadline: July 30, 2018
Start Date: August 13, 2018
Nature of work: The part-time Guest Services Facility Assistant is an integral role in the Apex Park and Recreation District’s effort to enhance our community – socially, emotionally, and physically by being a gathering place and trusted resource for a variety of activities and programs that connect people and improve their quality of life.
The part-time Guest Services Facility Assistant will provide excellent customer service to all Apex patrons and guests in a multitude of areas including, but not limited to, entry desk management, MaxGalaxy registration and activity questions, facility cleanliness and safety, program supervision, and overall general operations of designated facilities.
As a member of the Apex Park and Recreation team flexible availability is necessary. Part-time Guest Services Facility Assistants may be required to work opening/closing shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation administration or related field.
- Experience working in a recreation center.
- Programmatic experience as an employee or participant.
- Ability to accept registrations over a 3-foot counter.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds; i.e. boxes of paper to fill printer, fitness equipment etc.
- Ability to clean “hard to reach” areas of the facility including restrooms and fitness equipment.
- Hand and eye coordination for operation of office equipment.
- Vision to read and interpret written documents.
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and guests.
Submit application and resume to: http://apexprd.org/about/jobs-volunteers-internships/apply-for-a-job-with-apex/