Part-Time Youth Volleyball Coach
JOB TITLE: Part-time Youth Volleyball Coach
REPORTS TO: Youth Sports/Adult Volleyball Coordinator, Apex Simms St. Center, 11706 W. 82nd Ave., Arvada, Colorado
PAY RATE: $11.10-13 per hour DOQ
Active role in administering volleyball instruction and practical coaching in game and/or practice setting on a part-time basis.
- Serve as a youth coach and control all aspects of instruction and game management
- Set up nets and assures court is safely prepared for planned activity
- Strong positional and team instruction with an emphasis on positive coaching style
- Participates in post practice evaluations.
- A flexible but consistent working schedule will be implemented to ensure consistency
- Communicate with players and parents with any information regarding league, camps and/or programs
- Help plan, organize and execute volleyball events.
- Organize team practices with practice plans, drills, etc
- Performs moderate maintenance duties as needed or assigned
- Officiates games at tournaments.
- Must pass a State and National background check
- Must be CPR/FIRST AID/AED Certified
- Previous coaching experience is not required but preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule such as evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, write, organize, plan, and use a computer
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with coaches, staff and the public
- Ability to handle emergency situations using good judgment
- Must feel comfortable working with boys and girls grades 3rd-8th
Apply on line at apexprd.org