Part-Time Youth Volleyball Coach
JOB TITLE: Part-time Youth Volleyball Coach
REPORTS TO: Youth Sports/Adult Volleyball Coordinator, Apex Simms St. Center, 11706 W. 82nd Ave., Arvada, Colorado
PAY RATE: $10.50-13 per hour DOQ
SCHEDULE: Availability required is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings to coach, and be flexible to coach Saturday tournaments (schedule determined ahead of time).
Active role in administering volleyball instruction and practical coaching in game and/or practice setting on a part-time basis.
- Serve as a youth coach and control all aspects of instruction and game management
- Set up nets and assures court is safely prepared for planned activity
- Strong positional and team instruction with an emphasis on positive coaching style
- Participates in post practice evaluations.
- A flexible but consistent working schedule will be implemented to ensure consistency
- Communicate with players and parents with any information regarding league, camps and/or programs
- Help plan, organize and execute volleyball events.
- Organize team practices with practice plans, drills, etc
- Performs moderate maintenance duties as needed or assigned
- Officiates games at tournaments.
- Must pass a State and National background check
- Must be CPR/FIRST AID/AED Certified
- Previous coaching experience is not required but preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule such as evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, write, organize, plan, and use a computer
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with coaches, staff and the public
- Ability to handle emergency situations using good judgment
- Must feel comfortable working with boys and girls grades 3rd-8th
Apply on line at apexprd.org