Apex Center shutdown includes extra projects in addition to top-to-bottom cleaning and maintenance
The Apex Center, 13150 W. 72nd Avenue, has scheduled its annual cleaning/maintenance shutdown, beginning August 20 and continuing through August 24 with pools closed through August 25. The center reopens on Saturday, August 25, and pools reopen on Sunday, August 26.
During shutdown, it’s all hands on deck for this five-day facelift, but the end result is sure to be stunning! Besides deep cleaning and maintenance of the entire facility and its equipment, shutdown tasks include the following:
- Upgrading the islands in the parking lots
- Refinish upper galleria floor
- Refinish the VCT flooring
- Recaulking large waterslides
- Gelcoating of tube slide
- Replacement of flooring in player bench areas in ice rinks and coaches room
- Some of the parking lot lights will be replaced with LED lights (these will be tested in a section of the lot) All windows cleaned inside and outside
- HVAC System preventative maintenance
- Clean and repaint the parking lot lines
- Replace the handicapped logos in the parking lot
- High dusting throughout the facility
- Annual building inspections
When the pools reopen on August 26, you’ll want to take note of an important change, going into effect to comply with the safety requirements issued by the State of Colorado.
From now on, riders under 48 inches tall are not permitted on the large slides. In addition, only SINGLE riders will be allowed on the body slide. We’ll have signs indicating these requirements near the slide.
Two other facilities are scheduled for annual maintenance/cleaning as well. The Racquetball and Fitness Center will be closed from 5 pm August 27 through August 31, reopening September 1, for court and facility maintenance. Meyers Pool, 7900 W. Carr Drive, closes for annual cleaning/maintenance September 3-9, reopening September 10.
Watch for updates on progress, and we look forward to seeing you soon!