Part-Time Choir Director
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Adult/Senior Arts and Humanities Coordinator
Pay Rate: $11.42-$12.79/hour
Minimum Age: 21 years
Hours: Choir usually performs twice a month from Oct.-Dec and Feb.-May. Rehearsals are scheduled weekly from Sept.-May. The Choir does not perform/rehearse in the summer months.
Position open until filled.
Seeking Choir director that can conduct SATB music. Choir members have sight-reading skill and are experienced in choral performance. Library includes Broadway, Jazz, folk, Christmas, Irish and pop tunes.
Works directly with adults/seniors to provide quality instruction in the subject of music and lead the community choir.
- Provides leadership and instruction within a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Plans curriculum, prepare and sets up for each class prior to students’ arrival.
- Effectively communicate, demonstrate and teach subject matter
- Develops rapport with class participants to meet social needs and to maintain and increase interest and class size.
- Handles and reports any emergencies that may arise in class.
- Keeps current inventory of and ensures proper storage of equipment and supplies assigned to class.
- Reports maintenance and replacement needs for equipment, supplies and facility to Recreation Coordinator.
- Maintains materials, equipment, and keep class room clean and orderly.
- Communicates class status with the Recreation Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Ensures each participant has a positive experience regardless of ability or skill level, age, race, religion or gender.
- Maintains general knowledge of the Apex Park and Recreation District and its programs.
- Answers participants’ questions or directs them to appropriate source of information.
- Completes other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Lead/direct the community choir
- Arrange public performances for the choir
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have interest in, respect for, and ability to work with adults/seniors.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with the general public.
- Solid knowledge of the subject/concepts being taught.
- High School Diploma required.
Previous experience in instruction and curriculum development desirable. Prior experience with adults/seniors preferred.