Part-Time Maintenance Worker – Handyman
Position Title: Maintenance Worker – Handyman
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Reports to: District Services Manager
Pay Rate: $15.59 hour
Minimum Age: 21 years
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Position open until filled.
The Maintenance Worker position is an entry level position that will perform a variety of semi-skilled and/or skilled tasks under the direct supervision of the District Services Manager or the Assistant District Services Manager. The Maintenance Worker is to assist in the maintenance of all district facilities including commercial plumbing, electrical, carpentry and mechanical systems. In addition, the incumbent is expected to work on capital improvement projects and other projects as assigned. The incumbent works closely with other district maintenance staff to ensure all emergency maintenance, general maintenance, preventive maintenance, and projects are completed quickly.
- The District Maintenance Worker performs basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs for all district facilities.
- This position may also perform ground maintenance tasks (mow, trim, prune, plant, and maintain landscape materials)
- The incumbent will also maintain a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activities, materials used, and tasks completed.
- The District Maintenance Worker will respond to and resolve work requests, complaints or other conditions as they arise.
- As a member of the district services division this position will have direct contact with other district staff and guest to resolve maintenance needs. It will be expected that all interaction represent the district services division and the district in a positive manner.
- This position will be required to assist with snow removal.
- The individual operates mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: truck, truck with trailers, front-end loader, jackhammer, air compressor, backhoe, tractor, trencher, cement mixer, welder etc.
- The individual operates hand and power tools, including but not limited to: chain, skill, table and concrete saw, sander, grinder, sprayer, drill, float, trowel, jointer, auger, etc.
- The incumbent performs minor mechanical repairs to equipment to complete assignments, and cleaning of equipment and tools.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of commercial plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to properly complete a bi-monthly time timesheet for payroll purposes.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and assume responsibility for task initiative and completion.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other District staff and the general public.
- Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgment in stressful situations.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years experience in maintenance and construction
- Must possess current and valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Some knowledge and skills in all aspects of building maintenance and construction.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Must be able to lift up to100 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to climb and work off ladders.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
- Must be able to work at indoor and outdoor locations.
- Must be able to work well with district associates and the general public.
- Environmental conditions encountered will include heat, cold, wind, noise, fumes, odors, and dust.
- Must be familiar with construction sites and the risks associated therein.
- Must keep personal appearance and dress in compliance with district guidelines.
- Must keep behavior and conduct in compliance with information outlined in the Associate Information Manual.