Full-Time Recreation Coordinator II – Fitness
Title of Position: Recreation Coordinator II- Fitness
Division: Recreation Services
Reports To: Recreation Services Director
Salary Range: $44,700-$62,500 Annually
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Apply by December 19, 2018
The position is responsible for the supervision of fitness/wellness activities in multiple facilities within the Apex Park and Recreation District. This includes orientations over fitness equipment, personal training, all drop-in and fee-based fitness/wellness classes, contracted fitness/wellness services and climbing wall activities. The position is a subject matter expert in customer service related issues, including conflict resolution and compliance with District rules and regulations. The Coordinator must be able to follow the overall goals and objectives determined by the Deputy Director, but with some autonomy. Under the immediate supervision of the Recreation Services Director, the Fitness Coordinator II ensures that activities, programs, and services are planned and developed in a professional manner. The Recreation Services Director must be consulted on all parameters of the program, especially concerning unprecedented or potentially sensitive situations. As a member of the Apex District management team the employee may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Administers Fitness and Wellness programs across various facilities in the District including the Apex Center, Apex Fieldhouse, Apex Racquetball and Fitness Center, Community Recreation Center, Fitzmorris Recreation Center, Secrest Recreation Center and Simms Street Center.
- Administers Climbing Wall activities at the Apex Center and maintains a Standard Operating Procedure “SOP” manual with policies and procedures, hours of operation, cost, maintenance schedule and procedures, log book on rope usage, class schedule, etc.
- Plans, organizes and schedules all group exercise classes and wellness programs, taking into consideration demand/usage trends with approval from Recreation Services Director.
- Hires, coordinates, trains, supervises and evaluates all staff: Aerobics and Cycling Instructors, Aqua Aerobics Instructors, Personal Trainers, Pilates Reformer Trainers, Fitness Desk Staff and Climbing Wall Attendants.
- Monitors fitness/wellness trends to provide customers with state-of-the-art opportunities.
- Annually recommends pay increases, promotions, position structures; evaluates employees’ performance and overall effectiveness and takes the necessary steps to reward team players and discipline non-team players with approval of Recreation Services Director.
- Supervises proper upkeep and ordering of all fitness and wellness equipment and materials.
- Responds to feedback, questions and concerns regarding Fitness programs and staff.
- Assists with the marketing and promotion for all Fitness programs and fitness events including inputting brochure content into the MaxGalaxy Registration system.
- Coordinates quarterly meetings and in-service opportunities for the Fitness staff.
- Manages Fitness budget to meet department goals for revenues and expenditures.
- Works to ensure compliance with the policies, rules and regulations of the facilities within the District.
- Operates computer terminal, printer or word processing equipment using a variety of source documents and formats.
- Copy information from sources or materials onto records or forms. Performs related work requiring accurate recording of monthly data for Supervisor review.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Employee is expected to exhibit the district’s core values of Honesty, Attitude, Loyalty and Teamwork.
Education and Training:
B.S. in Parks and Recreation, Fitness, Exercise Science or related field and two years’ experience in the fitness/wellness field. A combination of education and experience may be considered. CPRP preferred. Extensive knowledge of current group fitness and personal training trends. Ability to respond appropriately to medical situations. Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays. Personal Training and/or Group Fitness Certification from an Accredited Organization preferred: ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACE, AFAA. CPR including oxygen, First Aid, AED must be obtained within 90 days of hire. Must possess current and valid Colorado driver’s license.
Apply at https://apexprd.org/about/jobs-volunteers-internships/