Part-Time Guest Services – Secrest and Fitzmorris
Title of Position: Part Time Guest Services Facility Assistant
Location: Secrest and/or Fitzmorris Recreation Center
Reports To: Facility Coordinator
Department: Recreation Services
Salary Range: Starting at $12.43 per hour
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Hours: 5:30 am – 11:00 am shifts
The Part Time Guest Services Facility Assistant is an integral role in the Apex Park and Recreation District’s effort to enhance our community – socially, emotionally, and physically by being a gathering place and trusted resource for a variety of activities and programs that connect people and improve their quality of life.
The Part Time Guest Services Facility Assistant will provide excellent customer service to all Apex patrons and guests in a multitude of areas including, but not limited to, entry desk management, MaxGalaxy registration and activity questions, facility cleanliness and safety, program supervision, and overall general operations of designated facilities.
As a member of the Apex Park and Recreation team flexible availability is necessary. Part Time Guest Services Facility Assistants may be required to work opening/closing shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Entry Desk Operations
- Interact with all patrons and guests with a positive attitude using courteous, patient and inclusive language regarding all information specific to the facility and district.
- Answers all phone lines and directs calls and messages to district staff as appropriate.
- Accepts registrations over the counter, by phone, and assist with MaxGalaxy issues and general web/internet inquiries.
- Responsible for relaying current knowledge and accurate information on all Apex PRD programs and activities.
- Processes daily admissions for the Center, including cash/check handling and CC payments, and daily reconciles the cash drawer following established procedures.
- Responsible for opening/closing of facility (as scheduled) following all established procedures.
Facility Cleanliness & Safety
- Perform routine equipment and facility cleaning as determined by the facility cleaning schedule.
- Perform regularly schedule “rounds” of the facility inspecting all areas for any potential safety or cleanliness concerns.
- Routinely inspect facility equipment and follows established maintenance request procedures for equipment needing repair with the goal of minimizing the amount of time equipment is offline.
- Respond to patron and guest injuries, accidents, and incidents following established protocol and training.
Program & Facility Supervision
- Responsible for understanding and communicating the facility daily schedule, including all programing and special events, to patrons and guests.
- Takes reasonable steps to address any issues concerning facility programing including but not limited to absent staff, scheduling conflicts, or weather-related issues.
- Responsible for making confirmation and follow up calls for facility reservations.
- Setup/teardown programing spaces based on facility schedule and patron requests (when applicable).
- High school diploma.
- Excellent customer service skills
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation administration or related field.
- Experience working in a recreation center.
- Programmatic experience as an employee or participant.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Telephones and telephone systems.
- Ten key calculator.
- Personal Computers.
- Word processing software (WordPerfect/Microsoft Word) and MaxGalaxy Registration system.
- MasterCard/Visa/VeriFone machine.
- Copy Machine.
- Ability to accept registrations over a 3-foot counter.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds; i.e. boxes of paper to fill printer, fitness equipment etc.
- Ability to clean “hard to reach” areas of the facility including restrooms and fitness equipment.
- Hand and eye coordination for operation of office equipment.
- Vision to read and interpret written documents.
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and guests.
To Apply please visit https://apexprd.org/about/jobs-volunteers-internships/