Part-Time Swim Instructors
Position Title: Swim Lesson Instructor
Classification: Part-time, non-benefited
Swim Lesson Instructor: $12.93/hr
Minimum Age: 15 years
Hours: 10-25 hours per week; all hours available, mornings and weekends desired
Open until filled.
Job Summary: The Apex Center Pool, Meyers Pool, and Secrest Wellness Pool are looking for fun and personable people to join the team! Currently hiring for weekday morning, afternoon, and Saturday swim lesson instructors. Paid training, flexible scheduling, fun environment, wellness benefits and a great team make Apex Center, Meyers, and Secrest the perfect part time job for those in school or looking to pick up a few hours of work.
- Develop and teach class content appropriate to the course description and level.
- Enforces all pool rules and regulations.
- Evaluates and monitors students’ progress and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Completes any necessary reports and forms, i.e., class certificates and skill checklists at the end of each session.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of student’s swim skills.
- Attends scheduled meetings as required.
- Provides ongoing feedback and proper instruction to class participants.
- Provides a safe and fun environment for all participants.
- Responsible for preparation of class; prepares lesson plans, organizes teaching equipment; may be required to set-up and break-down materials used for instruction.
- Responsible for finding a dependable, appropriate substitute upon their absence.
Job Qualifications: Applicant must be able to pass a swimming skills test.
Apply on line at apexprd.org/jobs