Part-Time Field Maintenance Worker
Position Title: Seasonal Part-Time Field Maintenance Worker
Pay Rate: $12.43-$15.59/hour DOQ
Minimum Age: 18
Hours: 25-32 hours per week, March 1 through October 15
Hire Date: As soon as possible
Job Summary: The Field Maintenance Worker reports directly to the District Services Lead and is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of sports fields for Apex Recreation District. The Field Maintenance Worker assists in the effective operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all sports fields. The Field Maintenance Worker works a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, evenings and holidays. Some supervision of staff may be required.
- Drag, line, base baseball/softball fields at district game complexes and parks as needed for all user groups including NJJBC baseball program, AGSA girls’ softball program and any related tournament rentals
- Field set up and goal placement for Edge soccer program, and related tournament rentals
- Field set up for Storm Lacrosse program and related tournament rentals
- Work closely with the lead worker position in daily field prep and rainout procedures
- Tournament support on weekends for various user groups
Job Qualifications: HS Diploma preferred, good driving record, 1-2 years experience in a service environment, basic knowledge of machinery and field operations. Upon hire a drug screening will be required. Good written and verbal communication and the ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve problems.
Apply on line at www.apexprd.org/jobs