Full-Time Cook – Indian Tree Golf Club
Position Title: Full-time Lead Cook – Indian Tree Golf Club
Reports To: Food and Beverage Manager
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $35,000-$48,000 (hiring range $35,000-$38,000)
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Minimum Age: 21
Job Summary: Reporting to Restaurant Management, this position’s primary purpose is to provide and promote continuity in kitchen coverage and food preparation/presentation. The Lead Cook will act as the standard, setting an example and providing general guidance to other kitchen staff for the day to day food handling and preparation operations of the kitchen, for consistency and efficiency as well as assurance that kitchen areas meet health and safety requirements as mandated by law. The Lead Cook secures customer satisfaction through consistent and quick preparation of menu items; maintains a safe and clean work environment, adhering to health codes; meets daily goals and objectives of the kitchen; can read and understand tickets; helps to maintain proper inventory; is available for coverage during high traffic hours and scheduled events; is professional and works with management to promote the restaurant.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures customer satisfaction through the consistent and quick preparation of menu items. Knows all menu items and ingredients. Makes sure all food is properly prepared to the recipes and is consistent in presentation. Modify processes for routing and meeting orders according to time and quality standards.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Adheres to health code and sets example for other kitchen staff. Be in proper uniform, work with gloves and appear clean when working within the kitchen. Keeps all kitchen areas clean, sanitized and organized. Uses proper storage techniques when storing dry goods and refrigerated goods including proper labeling and rotation of all ingredients to prevent food waste. Tests freshness and quality of products.
- Actively participate and perform cleaning of kitchen area and equipment (according to need and/or scheduled cleanings), stocking the line, portioning food, and receipting food orders.
- Must have ability to read and understand tickets.
- Flexibility preferred 7 days a week, 5 AM until 10 PM for coverage during high traffic hours and scheduled events. Is punctual and maintains a good attendance record.
- Is professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in using food service equipment including knives, slicer, deep fryer, pots, pans and ovens.
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve them efficiently. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and hot environment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, and portion sizes.
- CO Food Handlers Card or ServSafe Food Manager Certification Preferred.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps