Part-Time Youth Director – Secrest Center
Title of Position: Youth Director
Division: Recreation Services
Reports To: Recreation Coordinator II – Youth/Teen
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Salary: $15.59-$17.08/per hour
Camp Director is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all daily activities for the Apex PRD Day Camp programs. The program director must have demonstrated to the hiring authority maturity of judgment, administrative ability and the skill to appropriately supervise and direct school-age children in an unstructured setting.
The Director will provide a safe, healthy and positive environment. Their daily responsibility is to schedule staff in accordance with State Licensing Regulations; schedule and facilitate all field trips; discipline both campers and staff to maintain positive daily outcomes and overall program management; assess the overall program to see if there are any changes that need to be made for optimum functioning; establish a procedure for handling all difficulties related to health, behavior and other problems and report incidents to the Recreation Coordinator II – Youth/Teen.
Schedule will vary between 6:30 A.M. and 6:30 P.M.
Monday thru Friday from May 28 through August 9
Paid training dates April 27, May 4, May 11 and May 18; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Parent’s Night: May 14; 6- 8 p.m. (Apex Center), May 16; 6-8 p.m. (Secrest Center)
- The Youth Director must have verifiable education or training in work with school-age children in such areas as recreation, education, scouting or 4-H; and the program director must have completed at least one of the following qualifications:
- A four (4) year college degree with a major such as recreation, outdoor education, education with a specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education, or a subject in the human service field; or
- Two years of college training and six (6) months (910 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or equivalent part-time, paid or volunteer, experience, since attaining the age of eighteen (18), in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children; or
- Three years (5460 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or equivalent part-time, paid or volunteer, experience and one of the following qualifications:
- The Youth Director must complete six semester hours, or nine quarter hours in course work from a regionally accredited college or university; or 40 clock hours of training in course work applicable to school-age children and the department-approved courses in injury prevention, and playground safety for School-Aged Child Care Centers within the first nine months of employment.
- The Youth Director has satisfactory experience includes experience in the care and supervision of four or more children from the ages of four (4)-eighteen (18) years old, unrelated to the individual, since attaining the age of eighteen (18).
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years
- Must currently hold certification in or be able to become trained before May 29, 2019 in First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration and be Universal Precautions Certified
- Ability to drive a 12-passenger van, with a clean driving record
- Must have a satisfactory review with the Central Registry of Child Protection
- Provide 3 references
Apply on line at www.apexprd.org