Full-Time Capital Improvement Projects Manager
Position: Capital Improvement Projects Manager
Division: District Services
Salary Range: $65,000 – $90,000
Starting Range: $65,000 – $80,000
Reports To: Deputy Director District Services
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open until filled; First review of applications will begin on March 25, 2019.
Apply online at https://apexprd.org/jobs
AT APEX PARK AND RECREATION DISTRICT
Our mission is to enhance the health of our community – socially, emotionally and physically – by being a gathering place and trusted resource for a variety of activities and programs that connect people and improve their quality of life. We envision an integrated, diverse and collaborative recreation district that plays a key role in the vibrancy of our community and the health and happiness of those who live here through a variety of exceptional offerings including athletics, fitness, education, arts and community events for all interests, ability levels and ages.
The Apex Park and Recreation District has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual interested in making a difference and being part of a vibrant and growing community. We are looking for a dynamic and proven Capital Projects (project manager) professional who will oversee the planning, executing, monitoring and closing of funded capital projects throughout the district. Ensure the Facility Condition Assessment is addressed in the annual budget development for capital projects and regularly update the condition of facilities. The ideal candidate will exceed in partnering with managers and employees in the administration of capital projects supporting the goals to aspire, advance and achieve to be the premier recreation provider in the state.
- Manages and maintains the District Facility Condition Assessment.
- Prepares and evaluates requests for proposals relating to projects requiring bids.
- Participates in a variety of professional work including the preparation of project budgets, scheduling, supervising employees, requests for proposals, pre-construction meetings, meetings with other district divisions, regional and local agencies, engineers, contractors, and the public.
- Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Determines causes of project design deficiencies, project budget overruns, construction deficiencies, and determines best solutions.
- Inspires creativity and innovation in co-workers and department staff.
- Exercises initiative, sound judgment and decision making within the scope of assigned authority.
- Reviews reports to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Researches issues and seeks clarification on various projects and programs.
- Develops short and long-range CIP program work plan with oversight from Deputy Director of District Services.
- Develops capital improvement plans including short and long-term goals, objectives, action plans, cost estimates, project scope and funding recommendations in conjunction with the Deputy Director of District Services.
- Utilizes staff in coordination with other District Services staffing.
- Responds to complex questions from executive staff, board members, district employees and provides timely responses.
- Builds relationships with developers, consultants, contractors, citizens and community groups.
- Considers concerns from numerous points of view and looks for solutions that will satisfy stakeholders.
- Creates an inclusive environment by acknowledging the differences, perspectives and ideas of others.
- Creates, organizes and maintains the district GIS data.
- Reviews existing and new data for accuracy, usefulness, and maintains quality of documentation.
- Ability to use the Jefferson County Assessors application to gain information on land and property in the district.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or a closely related field and at least five (5) years of progressive project management, program management and/or engineering experience and at least three (3) years of supervisory or lead experience. An equivalent combination of education, training may be considered. Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license. A general contractors license in Arvada will be required with 6 months of employment. Keep current all licenses required to perform assigned duties.
Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of overall project management, staff management, drainage, utilities and construction management to provide guidance on pre-construction and construction project delivery; Advanced knowledge of project delivery from project inception to project closeout; Ability to use independent judgment and discretion; Strong knowledge ability to interpret survey reports; Strong knowledge of land development-related laws, regulations and processes; Strong knowledge of construction, engineering, legal and municipal government terminology; Strong conflict resolution skills, project management and organizational skills; Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations governing storm water management and treatment, water quality, surveying and building codes; and ability to read and interpret construction plans and drawings.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Must be able to operate a personal or district vehicle in the normal course of duties.
- Office equipment used includes computer, copier, calculator, printer, scanner, cell phone, and GPS.
- Software used includes Microsoft Office, Manager Plus, and other software as needed.
- Reads, interprets, and analyzes technical documents, codes and regulations, and professional journals; writes reports, business correspondence, procedures, and proposals; presents information and responds to questions individually and in small or large groups.
- Performs highly complex mathematical calculations utilizing formulas.
- Sits for several hours at a time; may walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb, carry and lift up to 40 pounds for short to long periods of time.
- May be exposed to various conditions such as heat, cold, noise, smoke, odors, traffic, and wetness when doing field-work, surveying or working at construction sites.
Apply on line at: https://apexprd.org/about/jobs-volunteers-internships/