Full-Time Recreation District Facilities Maintenance Manager
Position: Recreation District Facilities Maintenance Manager
Division: District Services
Salary Range: $65,000 – $90,000
Starting Range: $65,000 – $80,000
Reports To: Deputy Director District Services
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open until filled; First review of applications will begin on March 25, 2019.
Apply online at https://apexprd.org/jobs
AT APEX PARK AND RECREATION DISTRICT
Our mission is to enhance the health of our community – socially, emotionally and physically – by being a gathering place and trusted resource for a variety of activities and programs that connect people and improve their quality of life. We envision an integrated, diverse and collaborative recreation district that plays a key role in the vibrancy of our community and the health and happiness of those who live here through a variety of exceptional offerings including athletics, fitness, education, arts and community events for all interests, ability levels and ages.
The Apex Park and Recreation District has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual interested in making a difference and being part of a vibrant and growing community. We are looking for a dynamic and proven HANDS-ON Recreation District Facilities Maintenance Manager professional who will oversee operation of repair and preventative maintenance for facilities throughout the district, which includes approximately 500,000 square feet in 12 facilities. The ideal candidate will exceed in partnering with managers and mentoring, coaching, developing and managing employees. This top-notch team is focused on facility management and supporting the goals to aspire, advance and achieve to be the premier recreation provider in the state.
- Oversees and assists direct reports in managing work assignments using Manager Plus work order system.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of employees within the department to include hiring, orienting, training, supervising, scheduling, mentoring and evaluating employees.
- Develops, implements, regularly evaluates and updates departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees projects, reviews and selects bid proposals and contract services, ensures quality of work performed and adherence to established project specifications.
- Directs, develops, monitors, and complies with the annual building operations budget.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Major repair includes major repair or replacement of an existing building component designed to increase the life of the facilities. Repair projects must fall within one of the expertise’s provided by District Services Facilities Management staff.
- New projects or Installations includes major new installations or remodeling.
- Directly supervises a maintenance team of 6 – 8 full-time staff with support from lead workers in grounds maintenance and/or facility maintenance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the district’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ongoing Maintenance includes scheduled, unscheduled, emergency and daily ongoing repair and maintenance. Ongoing maintenance is accomplished through two main processes; Preventive Maintenance Inspection Program and Work Orders.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a team, to ensure exceptional two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Monitors all energy usage in the district and develops and administers an energy conservation program, which includes retrofits and replacements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or facilities management or related field and 5 years of experience in engineering, construction, or facilities management; Relevant professional certification preferred (i.e. CFM from IFMA, General Contractor License).
- Knowledge of practices, procedures, material and equipment relevant to the recreation facilities including plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, painting and landscaping, field maintenance, etc.
- Ability to operate power tools and some heavy equipment.
- Must possess basic math skills and demonstrate proficiency with applicable software applications such as Microsoft Office and Manager Plus.
- Must possess excellent supervisory, communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must possess a Colorado MVR in good standing and have reliable transportation.
The following attributes are strongly desired: Take initiative, be organized, time management skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills, customer service focus, ability to multi-task, motivated, project management, budget and procurement skills, experience using computers and software for work order system, preferably Manager Plus.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required including handling objects up 20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to use, or oversee the use of, a variety of hand and power tools necessary to perform mechanical, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and allied building repairs and maintenance work.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, and blood borne pathogens possible.
- Interacts with recreation services staff, public vendors and contractors frequently.
Apply on line at: https://apexprd.org/about/jobs-volunteers-internships/