Full-Time Accounting Technician II – Finance
Title of Position: Accounting Technician II
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
FLSA: Full-time, non-exempt
Salary Range: $33,000 – $46,000
Starting Range: $33,000 – $41,600
Application Deadline: Open until filled; First review of applications will begin on March 20, 2019.
Apply online at https://apexprd.org/jobs
AT APEX PARK AND RECREATION DISTRICT
Our mission is to enhance the health of our community – socially, emotionally and physically – by being a gathering place and trusted resource for a variety of activities and programs that connect people and improve their quality of life. We envision an integrated, diverse and collaborative recreation district that plays a key role in the vibrancy of our community and the health and happiness of those who live here through a variety of exceptional offerings including athletics, fitness, education, arts and community events for all interests, ability levels and ages.
The Accounting Technician II reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor. This position has primary data entry responsibility in the areas of accounts payable, vendor management, cash receipts, banking adjustment and other accounting transactions. The specific duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Verify and prepare invoices for distribution to appropriate division personnel for payment approval.
- Code all on-going billings such as utilities, phones, copier machine usage allocation, fleet vehicle gas usage, prepare monthly sales tax remittance and any other billings as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor or Director of Finance.
- Verify accuracy of invoices approved by division personnel.
- Schedule invoices, check requests, customer refunds, and employee reimbursements for payment.
- Process all accounts payable checks and maintain accounts payable files.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Provide financial analyses, particularly for vendor expenditures as necessary.
- Prepare and/or assist with journal entries and other accounting assignments.
- Maintain accurate and thorough files and documentation.
- Work with Finance staff, District Supervisors, and Coordinators to verify compliance with District purchasing policies and state and Federal regulations.
- Enter all cashier created deposits into a daily deposit entry in Financial Edge Cash Receipts module.
- Enter all cash management adjustments to the applicable financial system bank accounts daily based on information received from either staff or the Accounting Supervisor.
- Data entry of all capital asset acquisitions, changes, and disposal based on information received from the Financial Analyst or Accounting Supervisor.
- Performs all functions in a customer service-oriented manner as presented in the associate handbook.
- Position description does not include all responsibilities; the District reserves the right to modify duties to meet business needs.
- Demonstrates strong, responsive and respectful customer service.
- Displays tact and a team-oriented approach in communication; communicates effectively in-person and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrates accountability and ownership of work responsibilities.
- Embraces flexibility and innovative approach to find efficiencies.
- Identifies solutions for customers while maintaining compliance with laws, policies, regulations and internal controls.
- Commitment to meet Team and District goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Two to three years of experience in accounting with an emphasis in accounts payable.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Strong math skills and analytical aptitude.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable and general ledger systems and procedures.
- Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Associates Degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance or business.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of educational preference.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe software and Microsoft Office software besides Excel noted above.
- Experience with document routing software systems.
- Experience with Financial Edge financial system.
Apex Park and Recreation District offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care); retirement plan with generous employer match; and vacation, sick, and paid holidays.