Full-Time Head Tennis Professional
Title of Position: Head Tennis Professional
Reports To: Racquet Sports Manager
FLSA: Full-time – Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000
Starting Range: $60,000-$70,000
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Apply online at https://apexprd.org/jobs
AT APEX PARK AND RECREATION DISTRICT
Our mission is to enhance the health of our community – socially, emotionally and physically – by being a gathering place and trusted resource for a variety of activities and programs that connect people and improve their quality of life. We envision an integrated, diverse and collaborative recreation district that plays a key role in the vibrancy of our community and the health and happiness of those who live here through a variety of exceptional offerings including athletics, fitness, education, arts and community events for all interests, ability levels and ages.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering all tennis related programming for the Apex Tennis Center. The Head Tennis Professional follows the overall goals and objectives determined by the Racquet Sports Manager and is held accountable to meet program area revenue projections.
- Teaches on-court tennis programming including group and private lessons, drills, clinics, camps, junior development, and other tennis programs. (~50% of working hours)
- Works with the Racquet Sports Manager, other tennis professionals, and staff members to develop and promote tennis activities including marketing and promotions, special events, catalog development and program planning.
- Remains actively visible and engaged with staff and customers in the facility during open hours of operation. Evening and weekend hours are required on a regular basis.
- Hires, trains, schedules, and evaluates part-time tennis staff, coaches, and tournament referees.
- Administers all adult and youth programs and leagues, including the oversight of the Apex Academy Junior program.
- Assists the Racquet Sports Manager with the creation and maintenance of the schedule for district wide court usage.
- Completes program information for inclusion on the Apex website and district activities guide.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements special events and sanctioned tournaments.
- Recommends new programming and provides input to the Racquet Sports Manager for budgeting purposes.
- Uses MaxGalaxy software for registration, scheduling, leagues, brochure input, and payment for all programs and events.
- Serves as a liaison with the North Jeffco Tennis Club, City of Arvada, Jefferson County School District, and other user groups as necessary.
- Helps schedule court and facility maintenance as needed.
- Consistently provides superior customer service and strives to create a positive customer experience to promote on-going and repeat business. Works to resolve any escalated customer concerns and/or complaints.
- Attends training sessions, workshops, staff meetings, and conferences as assigned.
- Is an active member of the USPTA or USPTR and completes continuing education requirements.
- Associate is expected to exhibit the district’s core values of Honesty, Attitude, Loyalty, and Teamwork.
- USPTA Elite Professional preferred or the ability to upgrade from the Professional level or USPTR Professional who has obtained at least 3 of the 5 available certifications.
- NTRP rating of 4.5 or above
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other district staff and the public.
- Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgment in stressful situations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Minimum of 5 years tennis teaching experience including group and private lessons, developmental programs, clinics, camps, and drills for participants of all ages and abilities or a combination of both education and experience.
- High school diploma required.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in recreation-oriented or closely related field preferred.
- Must have current CPR/AED/First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license.
Apex Park and Recreation District offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care); retirement plan with generous employer match; and vacation, sick, and paid holidays.