Apex COVID Info
Health and Safety of Our Staff and Community is Our Highest Priority
Update: Wednesday, November 18, 6:00 p.m.
On Friday, November 20 at 5:00 p.m. in accordance with the Jefferson County Health Department and the Apex Board of Directors, Apex Park and Recreation District will move to new Red Level on the Colorado Statewide Dial.
Starting at 5:00 p.m. on November 20, Apex will follow the below guidelines:
- Recreational facilities (gyms, pools, ice arena, field house, gymnastics, courts, etc.) will remain open with a maximum of 10% capacity or 10 people, whichever is fewer.
- Recreational programs and classes may occur with 10 participants or 10% capacity whichever is fewer.
- Organized recreational youth or adult league sports are not authorized.
- Outdoor recreational sports in groups of 10 people or fewer may occur, maintaining 6 feet distancing requirements between non-household contacts.
- Indoor recreational facility rentals and programs can continue within the capacity limits for programming that are not organized recreational youth or adult league sport competitions. Anything that requires a schedule, standings, or multiple teams is not permitted.
- Spectators are allowed within room capacity limits. If a spectator’s attendance will cause room capacity to be exceeded, they may remain on site during the activity duration outside the activity area up to a maximum of one adult per participant (if necessary but not required).
- Apex Center Ice Arena – viewing area is considered a separate room and can have 10 spectators – one spectator per participant
- Apex Tennis Center – one spectator per participant allowed spread out between the midway and lobby unless spectator’s attendance will cause room capacity to be exceeded
- Apex Field House – viewing area is considered a separate room and can have 10 spectators – one spectator per participant
- Simms Street Recreation Center – lobby available for spectator usage up to capacity limits should the gym space capacity level be reached – one spectator per participant
- Secrest Recreation Center – Teen Center and lobby available for spectator usage up to capacity limits should the gym space capacity level be reached – one spectator per participant
All reservations (Apex Center fitness and pool, Secrest fitness and Wellness Pool and Meyers individual lap swim reservations) that currently have more than 10 participants enrolled will be cancelled on Friday, November 20. All canceled reservations will be credited to the user account. If you would like a refund, please email GuestServices@ApexPRD.org. Emails to affected customers will go out advising of the cancellation and new reservations reflecting revised capacity for fitness and swimming will open Saturday, November 21 at 9:00 a.m. You will need to make a new reservation for these activities.
For further details, we encourage you to visit the Public Health order available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6ofsmJk5gGkEvX34UPD_b3vBmg5hrMz/view
For archived updates, please click here.