Division: District Services
Starting Range: $55,000-$75,000 annually (exempt)
Minimum Age: 21
Close Date: Open until filled
The District Services Department is a team and result oriented environment. The person in this position should have a solid experience of managing teams in the performance of preventive, general and emergency maintenance tasks. The incumbent is expected to be a working supervisor. The District Services Supervisor position performs a variety of semi-skilled and/or skilled tasks in addition supervisors the daily work assignments for 3 full-time and 4-part time Maintenance Specialist. The position is under the direct supervision of the District Services Manager. The District Services Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of all district facilities including commercial plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical systems, fitness equipment and collaborating with the Apex HVAC Specialist. Must be able to utilize an automated work order system. The incumbent will be part of the snow removal team. In addition, the incumbent is expected to work on other projects as assigned. The incumbent works closely with other district services maintenance staff to ensure all emergency maintenance, general maintenance, preventive maintenance, and projects are completed quickly.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge and understanding of commercial plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical and HVAC systems.
2. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to properly complete a bi-monthly time timesheet for payroll purposes.
4. Ability to work under minimal supervision and assume responsibility for task initiative and completion.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other District staff and the general public.
6. Ability to make sound decisions, and use good judgment in stressful situations.
7. Ability to read blueprints, and coordinate regulatory agencies for permits and inspections
8. Supervisor skills of verbal and written communication, able to write performance evaluations, budget planning and implementing, project management, critical thinking, innovative problem solving, resource management, talent management, skills training, technology skills of computers, automated building systems (BAS), automated work order system (Manager Plus preferred), strong interpersonal with a diverse group of customers, employees, and citizens
9. Ability to supervise full time and part time employees creating a high performing team
10. Ability to manage third party contracts, including procurement of services in a government environment
11. Experience with implementing a building assessment program that results in a reduce FCI for the District.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in supervising maintenance and construction employees and projects
3. Must possess current and valid Colorado driver’s license and be able to pass a drug screen.
4. Knowledge and skills in all aspects of commercial building maintenance and construction including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical systems, and HVAC systems.
5. Certificate training for Supervisory and or management training
Apply on line at apexprd.org/jobs
Contact Apex Park and Recreation District in Arvada, CO
Apex Park and Recreation District (Apex PRD) in Arvada, CO, has a wide range of public parks and recreation facilities that offer such activities as pickleball, tennis, golf, swimming, and much more. Founded in 1956, Apex PRD supports adult fitness and kids health for those in Arvada, Denver, Wheat Ridge, Golden, and beyond. Have questions or comments for Apex Park and Recreation District? Use our Contact Us page.