Apex Park and Recreation District Policies
We will under no circumstances sell, lease or otherwise disclose any of your personal or contact details to any individual or organization not connected with Apex Park and Recreation District unless we have first obtained your written permission to do so.
Release and Waiver
In consideration of being permitted to take part in the activity, or utilize the facility or service set forth herein, I expressly agree as follows: I hereby acknowledge that the activity set forth herein contains dangers and risks and may result in injury to the participant. I hereby assume all risks of personal injury, death, and property damage from any causes whatsoever arising while my child, or I are participating in such activity. I, or my child, are in good health and are physically able to participate in such activity. I agree to unconditionally waive and release Apex Park and Recreation and/or the city of Arvada, and their officers and employees, agents, servants, and all representatives and sponsors from injury that I or my child may sustain, or any damage that may be caused to me or my child's property in connection with said activities or use of such facilities or services, including injuries sustained or property damage caused by any use of equipment I may rent from Apex Park and Recreation District and/or the city of Arvada, their officers, employees, agents, servants or sponsors.
I also authorize and consent to any emergency x-ray examination, medical diagnosis, or treatment or hospital care to be rendered to me or my child under the general or special supervision, and on the advice of any physician licensed to practice in the State of Colorado.
Participants may be photographed and/or video taped while utilizing the facility, services, or participating in a Apex Park and Recreation District program and said photographs, videos, or likeness of me, may be used to publicize activities as the district deems appropriate.
By submitting my registration/participating in activities/attending events or facilities, I, intending to be bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, do hereby release and discharge Apex Park and Recreation District from any and all liability from illness, injuries and damages I may suffer as a result of my participation.
Activity Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Refund requested 5 business days or more before the activity: Fee paid minus $5 service charge.
- Refund requested less than 5 business days before the activity: Fee paid minus $5 service charge, plus any cost incurred (if minimum class size is met).
- Refund requested after activity starts: No refund.
- Cancellations: Activity canceled by Apex PRD: 100% refund.
Patron Code of Conduct
Appropriate social behavior is requested for all programs and facility use. Individuals are encouraged to act in a way that will not physically, mentally, or emotionally hurt another person. A participant may be asked to withdraw from a class or program or to leave a facility if behavior does not comply with program and/or facility standards.
Comment Code of Conduct
Use your real first and last name, and an email address that you check regularly.
Keep it clean, respectful of others, and free of foul language.
Do not post, email or otherwise make available these types of content:
- Anything containing profanity or pornography
- Information that is not relevant to your comment
- Anything that is disrespectful of the dead or injured
- Repeating the same information multiple times
- Cutting and pasting all of the comment from another website
- Cutting and pasting/quoting others' offensive comments. If they violate our code, they will be deleted along with your response. Respond by paraphrasing.
- Comments that are disrespectful to other posters
- Comments that provoke others to respond negatively
- Comments that are fabricated, deceptive or misleading
- Comments that abuse the CAPS LOCK key
- Comments that are abusive, harmful, harassing or threatening
- Comments that are defamatory, libelous or insulting to groups or individuals
- Comments that are unlawful
- Comments that invade someone's privacy
- Comments that harm minors in any way
- Anything intimidating or hateful toward an individual or group based on religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability
- Anything representing any person or entity not yourself, including but not limited to an Apex Park and Recreation District employee
- Falsely stating your affiliation with a person or entity
- Including personal or identifying information about another person without their explicit consent
- Personal comments about individual Apex Park and Recreation District staff members or community members. Such comments should be addressed directly to District management.
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or content that you have no right to make available under law or other contractual relationship
- Anything containing or constituting "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or unsolicited commercial advertisement
- Anything containing software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Anything that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure
- Attempting unauthorized access to the Apex Park and Recreation District computer systems or any other user's computer systems
- Engaging in activities that disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the function of the apexprd.org website.
- Linking to Not Safe For Work (NSFW) information without warning others it is NSFW.
Website Accessibility Policy
Apex Park and Recreation District is fully committed to providing accessible facilities, elements, and communication channels to all members of the public. As part of this commitment, Apex Park and Recreation District has a policy of providing an accessible website compatible with the current Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and commercial screen reading software. All website features are coded to allow individuals with vision and other impairments to understand and use the website to the same degree as someone without disabilities. We welcome feedback and can often resolve issues in a timely manner if they arise.
If you need any special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at 303.424.2739.
Ongoing Compliance Information
Apex Park and Recreation District has designated Communications Manager Rob Anna as its compliance officer for website disability-related accommodations. The compliance officer has received training in website accessibility and updates the site in accordance with those best practices. Contact our accessibility officer to report an issue.
Compliance Procedures and Reports
Apex Park and Recreation District regularly scans its website to ensure ongoing compliance and makes timely changes to any inaccessible changes, if any are found.
Linked Documents and Third Parties
Please note that this site may link out to third-party websites, such as state or federal agencies, that do not have accessible content. This site may also include documents provided by third parties included in our agenda packets, for example. While we cannot control the accessibility of content provided by third parties, we are happy to assist any member of the public with reading and accessing content on our site.
Report an Accessibility Issue
We are committed to your ability to access all content. Per Apex Park and Recreation District’s internal processes, issues or requests for accommodation reported via the form below will be responded to by the compliance officer or designee.