Indoor Swimming Pools
Outdoor Swimming Pools
- Fitzmorris Recreation Center – Closed for the season
- Secrest Outdoor Swimming Pool – Closed for the season
- Lake Arbor Outdoor Swimming Pool – Closed for the season
Visit the facility pages for current hours and lap swimming hours.
For information on outdoor pool group admissions reservations, please visit our Parties, Rooms, and Field Rentals page.
For information on showering before swimming, hygiene, and health concerns, please visit the Shower Education page.
Apex is a Red Cross Learn-to-Swim facility. Our lessons have two goals; to teach people how to be safe in, on, and around water; and to teach people of all ages and varying abilities how to swim.
Swim Lesson Dates
Apex Center, Saturday Mornings: September 2-23, September 30-October 21, October 28-November 18.
Apex Center, Sunday Mornings: September 3-24, October 1-22, October 29- November 19.
Secrest Wellness, Monday Evenings: September 11-October 2, October 16-November 6, November 13-December 4.
Meyers, Tuesday, and Thursday Evenings: August 29-September 21, September 26-October 19, October 24-November 16, December 5–December 14.
Secrest Wellness, Wednesday Evenings: August 30-September 20, September 27-October 18, October 25-November 15, November 29-December 20.
Registration Dates (start at 10 am)
Classes are posted online one week before registration.
August 16 for September, September 20 for October, October 18 for November, and November 15 for December.
Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lessons are great for beginner, novice, and elite swimmers. With one-on-one private lessons, you can work on the skills you want to improve through individual instruction. We also offer semi-private lessons for participants with siblings or friends.
Due to overwhelming demand, our private lessons are currently unavailable. Please check back later to submit a lesson request.
If you are interested in private and semi-private swim lessons, please complete the Private Swim Lesson Interest Form.
Resources for Parents
Swim Lesson Swim Test
Get swim tested to ensure you know what lesson to sign up for. We offer swim tests on the second Friday of each month from 5-6 pm at the Apex Center lap pool. When you arrive, please check in with the instructor on the pool deck, and they will conduct the test and give you a card with their recommendation on what level to register for.
Swim Test Dates
August 11, September 8, October 13, November 10, December 8
To learn more about the American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim Program, take the online “Orientation to Swim Lessons for Parents and Caregivers” provided by the American Red Cross.
Para obtener más información sobre Seguridad en el Agua de la Cruz Roja Americana, consulte la "Seguridad en el Agua para Padres y Cuidadores" en línea proporcionada por la Cruz Roja Americana.
- Children under the age of 3 are required to wear a swim diaper and/or tight-fitting plastic pants under their swim suits. (No regular diapers allowed in pools)
- Children ages 5 and under must be accompanied into the water by an adult (18+) within arm’s reach. The exception to this rule is the in the middle play pool at Apex, where children 5 and under must be appropriately supervised by an adult.
- Children 6-9 years must be appropriately supervised by an adult in the pool area. Children age 10 and older may swim without adult supervision.
- Non-swimmers of any age must be supervised by an adult.
- Children 6 and older must use gender appropriate locker rooms.
- Portions of all pools may be closed periodically for swim lessons or special events.
- Please note that a full head and body shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- No refunds for inclement weather. Please note weather prior to paying for daily admission.
- As a reminder, there is no open swim during swim lesson times. Non-swim lesson participants are not allowed to be in the water during swim lessons.
The Masters Swimming Workouts Program is designed to promote a fun, healthy and social environment for swimmers who are interested in swimming for fitness, participating in triathlons and/or adult competitive swimming. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and should possess intermediate to advanced swimming skills. Participants must show a resident ID card to receive the resident discount rate.
CARA Swim Team
The Colorado Association of Recreational Athletics (CARA) Swim Team is designed to be a program with a strong recreational format for the non-ranked, non-sanctioned participant. Swimmers participate in two practices per week.
Swimmers who are interested in participating in CARA Swim Team must be able to complete the following:
- 25 yards of front crawl and back crawl
- Basic understanding of breaststroke and butterfly
Meet the coaches on September 7.
Meyers: Tuesday and Thursday at 4:30 pm or 6 pm, September 12-November 14. Banquet November 16.
Swim Meets: TBD
Splashball is designed to bridge the gap between learn-to-swim and the sport of water polo for children ages 5-11 participating in a Splashball program. The intent is to provide basic skills and understanding of the sport in a recreational format. Although water polo is known for its toughness and endurance, Splashball harnesses all the fun, dynamic aspects of the game in a safe, easy-to-learn aquatic experience that will motivate kids to swim and stay fit.
If you are interested in participating in Splashball, please contact Tyler Daly at [email protected]